When the temperature starts to warm up, some of us tend to eat a little lighter, here’s a recipe that’s a lighter take on steak and potatoes.
What you’ll need:
- 2 Yukon potatoes?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 steaks (cuts of your choice)
- 2 cups yellow and red cherry tomatoes (diced or sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 6 cups spring mix lettuce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and set your grill on high.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil and thyme. Place in a roasting pan and roast for 25 mins.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a little olive oil. Season steaks with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and allow steaks to rest.
- Chop potatoes into quarters.
- Combine lettuce, garlic, blue cheese, tomatoes, and potatoes and fresh garlic.
- Cut steak into slices and add to salad.
- Top with your favourite dressing.
* For a better taste use our all natural AAA grade beef as seen?HERE?from Canadian Food Services.
(Written by: Deneé Hall – Content Creator)